Event targeting uses temporal (time-based) geo-targeting (location-based) technology, which allows advertisers to build an audience based on a specific geo-fence. This technology allows marketers to target users who attend a specific event during a particular time window and serve them targeted ads, for up to 30 days after the event.
Consider a bodybuilding competition, for example. If you work for a protein powder company, you could use event targeting to set up an advertising campaign that would be served directly to attendees of the competition based on the time and location of the event.
How Does it Work?
This may sound complex, but it’s actually quite simple. First, a virtual “geo-fence” is made around the target location. In our above example of a bodybuilding competition, this could be a radius of 1-2 miles around the convention center where the event is taking place.
Then, the timeframe for the event is set – the weekend the competition takes place, for example. Then, when a user enters this area during this timeframe, they become part of the audience – and can be targeted during the event, as well as after the event takes place.
Why Should I use Event Targeting?
Why use event targeting? Here are a few reasons that you should incorporate this digital marketing solution into your marketing plan.
- Self-contained. We offer a full turnkey, one-stop event targeting solution, which can be set up quickly and easily.
- Extreme granularity. Using our tools, you can view the effectiveness of your campaign down to the hour level.
- Full scalability. We offer this type of targeting for events of every size, from small fairs to enormous festivals and much more.
- Fully automated. We can run multiple campaigns at multiple events, dates, and times.
- Portable, reusable audiences. You get to keep the details of each audience you gather, and reuse them for future marketing campaigns.